As a hairdresser I know the importance of good quality products and regular TLC when it comes to keeping your tresses in tip top condition, so when I stumbled across an advert for Coco & Eve’s virgin hair restorative masque and checked out its rave reviews I just had to try it for myself.
The masque ticks lots of ethical boxes as it is:
- Sulphate, Pthalate & Paraben Free
- Gluten Free
- Cruelty Free & PETA Approved
- 100% Vegan
- Colour Safe
Great! So now you know what isn’t in it lets find out what is!
Coconut oil, fig, shea butter, linseed and argan oil are the main key ingredients and together they claim to restore dry, damaged hair, improve texture and shine, hydrate and deeply condition, treat split ends and tame frizz AND it can do all this in just 10 minutes! (Though you can leave it longer or overnight for better results)
Sounds too good to be true hey??
Well as my hair is pretty dry and bleached and curly I opted to do an overnight stint….. heres what I did…
- First off I thoroughly shampooed my hair with sulphate free shampoo then wrapped it in a towel to absorb most of the moisture, then I had a good sniff of the product and can confirm it’s delicate fragrance is really lovely and not overpowering or too synthetic.
2. Next, after brushing out the tangles with a Wet Brush ( highly recommended for gently detangling wet or dry hair with no snagging or tearing) I took small horizontal sections starting at the nape and applied a generous amount of product, distributing it through each one thoroughly with the supplied brush
3. I continued to work my way up my head using this method to ensure every strand was well coated then I brushed it through thoroughly and piled it on top of my head. Come bedtime it didn’t feel too lagged in product to sleep in so I simply braided my hair with it still in and rinsed it off easily the next morning in the shower. I then braided my hair again with no product in so I could get a true idea of any difference.
I have to say that even after one application I was impressed, the product rinsed out easily even after being on all night and my hair was left soft with no residue weighing it down, it wasn’t fluffy and hard to manage as you can see in this picture it looked pretty good after taking the braid out next morning and raking through with fingers and it smelt amazing until my next wash (about3/4 days).
My only niggle with this product is that is contains Dimethicone which is a silicone that can build up on the hair and be difficult to remove, I think for the price they could definitely look at a better alternative but on the whole and having used it a few times now I am pleased with the performance and condition of my hair, my hairdresser even commented that my hair seemed in good condition!